Local Authorities and Housing Associations are increasingly in need of resources to meet the demands of growing development programmes and expertise for complex projects. Our team of associates have a variety of skills and experience which we carefully match to our clients’ requirements.
Beacon vets all associates to ensure that they can deliver the right service, which includes partner led interviews and personal references. On placement, each of our associates is overseen by one of our partners who is there to support the associate and check with the client that we are achieving the right outcome.
Associates benefit from our extensive networks, organisational support and prompt payment. We want working with Beacon to be a positive experience, one that is ethically sound and inclusive.
Our Associates – Examples of Recent Consultancy Placements
Carole Forrest for Brighton and Hove Community Land Trust (BHCLT)
Carole has guided BHCLT through the two-stage application procedure to obtain Registered Provider of Social Housing status. This involved:
- Drafting a customised project plan for each phase
- Providing guidance and advice on the Regulator’s requirements
- Acting as the project manager to ensure that this complex process was completed as efficiently and speedily as possible.
Having understood the requirements, the timescales and taking account of its other commitments, BHCLT decide to defer making an application.
Andrew McDermott for Network Homes
Andrew is currently providing new business and land manager support as a Development Project Manager at Network Homes. This includes work to acquire land and S106 projects to grow their development pipeline. He is involved in:
- Appraising the viability and deliverability of a project
- Development project management for scheme delivery
- Liaison with external landowners, consultants, local authorities, the GLA and other parties
- Consultation with internal stakeholders to ensure the project delivery meets the requirements of Network Homes
- Record and data management for audit purposes
Cheryl Scott for Camden Council
Cheryl is currently working for Camden Council as a Development Manager on a regeneration project. This role includes:
- Developing plans for the regeneration scheme
- Producing an options appraisal and report on the decant of social housing tenants
- Implementing the outcome of this options appraisal
- Evaluating options for the meanwhile use of the existing buildings
- Negotiations with potential development partners
Karl Phillips for Sapphire Independent Housing
Karl is providing development management services to support the delivery of Sapphire’s development programme. Karl’s role is focused on new business and purchasing land to take it through to development. He is busy negotiating with landowners, making offers for sites, securing planning consents and appointing professional teams to help deliver Sapphire’s ambitious programme.
Wayne Murray for Haringey Council
Wayne has recently completed a placement to provide development management services to Haringey Council to support the delivery of their development programme. He also managed the defects process on a number of their completed sites.
Rachel Askew for Southwark Council
Rachel has recently completed a placement to provide project management services to Southwark Council. Rachel worked on sites from inception, consulting with residents and working with design teams to obtain planning permission for new council homes. In addition, Rachel also worked on the procurement of contractors and consultants.