We can provide procurement advice and support, from initial options for procurement routes to the development of tender packs, utilising the breadth of our experience and extensive knowledge of the sector. We can also assist with the preparation of tender documents, for example, template tender packs for your organisation or documents for a specific tender process. As part of this process we work with both internal teams and external advisors.
Case Study – Procurement Services for Stevenage Borough Council
Kenilworth Close is a multi-tenure, council led development in Stevenage, providing an independent living scheme, affordable rented and private sale homes, executive housing, a community centre, and retail units. This development will provide 236 new homes with an estimated contract value of £42m. One of our Partners was involved in the scheme from inception providing a range of development support and financial modelling services.
In September 2019 Beacon were commissioned to undertake and provide contract procurement services. This included:
- General advice around undertaking an OJEU open procedure to find a profit sharing development partner
- Liaison with the council’s procurement team, legal and technical advisors
- Provision of tender method statement questions
- Preparation of the tender pack and associated documents
- Associated financial modelling and input into the development agreement
- Assistance in evaluating the tender
The procurement resulted in the successful appointment of a development partner.
Client: Stevenage Borough Council
Estimated Contract Value: £42m
Number of New Homes: 236
Services Provided: Financial Modelling, Procurement Advice, Development Support